I took the gist of Sarah’s super easy lentil soup we put on the blog the other day and mixed it up a bit. It turned out awesome. Thought I’d share it with you today.
- nuke an uncle ben’s whole grain vegetable medley brown rice mix.
- dump it in the pan.
- rinse a can of garbanzo beans and dump in with rice.
- drain a can of seasoned black beans and dump it in.
- add a low salt version of butternut squash soup or cook squash and add it.
- add 1/2 a small can of pumpkin.
- add a small can of rotel tomatoes with green chilis.
- add cumin, mrs. dash garlic blend, black pepper, fresh parsley, a squeeze of fresh lemon and chopped green onions.
- cook on low and add water as needed. super with grated cheese on top (of course).