this is a relatively easy little exercise that produces big results over time :).
- first, lie on your back, pull your abs in firmly to your spine and tuck upwards under your ribcage (last part more of a visualization to wake-up the supporting muscles in core).
- arms are relaxed by sides. try to keep them and your shoulders loose and relaxed throughout the exercise.
- next, bend your knees and straighten one leg up toward ceiling while keeping other foot on the floor.
- flex the foot on the straight leg and using your core, pull the leg toward your face and pulse slowly back and forth in a small move as you continue to breathe.
- then switch to other leg.
- to make it harder, just lift foot of bent leg a couple of inches off floor while doing move. after several reps gently pull straight leg toward you with your hands to stretch back of thighs.
- avoid placing a hand right behind the knee. breathe through stretch.