great waist whittler and back strengthener!
- lie on your back and bend your knees.
- place a rolled up towel or a small weighted ball if you have one or a bottle of water between your knees. when you squeeze your knees together it engages your lower abs more.
- pick your feet up a few inches off the floor.
- now with naval firmly pulled into spine and arms out to each side, begin to slowly rotate legs from one side to the other without touching the floor each time. the lower your feet are, the more stress it puts on your core but you must be able to keep your lower back neutral. (if it arches up at all then bring your feet up a couple of inches and work from there. build strength in your abs then in a couple of weeks try a little lower.)
- remember to exhale on exertion–so exhale as your knees are over to the side and inhale at the top of the move.
- at the end, to stretch this out, simply lift one leg over the other and lay it across your body and breathe and relax for several minutes.
- follow with the other leg.
*image from thatsfit.com